Say hello to the easiest pasta EVER. This is basically the lazy man’s version of fettuccine alfredo, where everything is poured into and cooked in, wait for it…one pot. Just in case you missed that in the title. This is so garlicky and creamy, which are basically my two favorite things in the world. Do yourself a favor and be lazy for dinner tonight.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked dried fettuccine noodles
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Splash of heavy cream, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth, milk, butter and fettuccine noodles; season generously with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil; once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked and the sauce is reduced and thick, about 18 to 20 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and a splash of heavy cream (or milk, if desired) to slightly loosen the sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Inspiration: One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta on damndelicious.net