- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
On a cutting board, sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt over the minced garlic. With a chef’s knife, cut the salt into the garlic. Using the back of the knife, mash the garlic into a paste. Combine the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Inspiration: Balsamic Vinaigrette on epicurious.com