Welcome to On Sundays We Brunch Series Six! I’m hoping this will be a time for us to talk about life like we’re really sitting together over brunch and share favorites…articles, recipes, products, books, inspiration, whatever it may be!
Brunch is my favorite because the spirit is light, you have the whole day ahead of you afterwards, and all food is fair game and it often involves champagne. Urban Dictionary defines brunchin’ as “Midday lunchin’ acting a fool in the mid-morning to lunch time”. Could there be a more fitting description?
Grab a mimosa, pull up a chair and let’s chat! Oh, and if anyone wants to act a fool, I’m game.
You guys, I’m so excited for fall!!! Crisp air, pants and sweaters, weekend fires and s’mores, football, sleeping with the windows open, leaves changing, apple orchards, pumpkin patches, hot chocolate and apple cider, cozy cozy cozy…
One thing I hate about fall: scary movie previews!! When I used to sleep with my TV on (because I’m scared of the dark), I would change the channel to Nickelodeon or TV Land so ensure I didn’t wake up to a nightmare-in-the-making scary movie preview. I was literally just watching The Cooking Channel and a scary preview came on…THE COOKING CHANNEL, people! Is nothing safe anymore?
(But then, not excited for winter. At all.)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…FROM THE BLOG LAST WEEK:
RECIPES I’M LOVING:
- These Chocolate Orange Brownie Cookies
- The Best Homemade Croissants
- This Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce
- This Grilled Pesto Flatbread with Pancetta and Egg
- This Extra Rich and Creamy Cheesecake
- These Beijing Fried Sauce Noodles
- These Everything Bagel Pretzels
- This Garlicky Kale and Ricotta Pizza
- These Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Meatballs
- These Paleo Double Chocolate Tahini Banana Muffins
THE BEST THING I ATE THIS WEEK: BECAUSE, DUH
I made a cheesy chicken burger with guacamole that will be coming to the blog soon!
I also had a deliciously buttery and gooey Gruyere and caramelized onion grilled cheese from my fave restaurant in Des Moines…
- How to Train Yourself to See Food as Fuel
- The One Thing That Successful Women Are Doing That You Aren’t
- 10 Necessary Tips for Baking Simple Bread at Home
- This Chart Shows the Average 401(k) Balance at Every Age. See How You Stack Up.
WHAT’S COMING NEXT WEEK:
My pick for our September Cookbook Clique, the best creamy homemade hummus, yogurt pita for swooping and scooping said hummus, a salad with tons of berries and one of my most beloved recipes. Coquilles St. Jacques!
A REMINDER FROM OLIVER, BIRDIE AND I:
“Let all that you do be done in love.”
Have a fantastic week, friends!