Welcome to On Sundays We Brunch Series Seven! I’m hoping this will be a time for us to talk about life like we’re really sitting together over brunch and share favorites…articles, recipes, products, books, inspiration, whatever it may be!
Brunch is my favorite because the spirit is light, you have the whole day ahead of you afterwards, and all food is fair game and it often involves champagne. Urban Dictionary defines brunchin’ as “Midday lunchin’ acting a fool in the mid-morning to lunch time”. Could there be a more fitting description?
Grab a mimosa, pull up a chair and let’s chat! Oh, and if anyone wants to act a fool, I’m game.
This last week felt so long, yo. I don’t know why, but I was on the struggle bus all week. And why oh why, do I have to be hungry all day at work???? I eat breakfast, lunch and a few snacks throughout the day and I’m still dying when I get home. The second I sit down at my desk, I’m already thinking about lunch and WHEN WILL I GET TO EAT MY LUNCH…and what’s for dinner??!? I can’t be the only one who has these feelings right? Or is it because 99.999% of my life revolves around food?
I have a few changes coming to the blog very soon! I’ll try to give you updates as they happen-but I hope you enjoy them!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…FROM THE BLOG LAST WEEK:
RECIPES I’M LOVING:
- These Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Scones
- This Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- These Indoor Pumpkin S’mores
- These Sky-High Strawberry Muffins
- These Instant Pot Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- These Vegan Mega Burritos
- This Green Goddess Pizza
- This Garlic Herb Cheese Log
- This Charleston Chicken Sandwich
- These Ricotta Cheese Gnocchi
THE BEST THING I ATE THIS WEEK: BECAUSE, DUH
Molly Yeh’s Cinnamon Rolls with Tahini Cream Cheese Frosting…enough said.
- How to Make Your Time for Yourself, in 3 Simple Steps
- 9 Highly Successful People Share the Inspirational Quotes that Changed Their Lives
- 13 Reminders for Single Tasking
- Fall Entertaining Tips from Maine’s Coolest Culinary Couple
WHAT’S COMING NEXT WEEK:
I’m calling it the Endless End of Summer and it will be a week jam-packed with the last summery recipes I want to share with you! A tomato toast recipe, peach upside-down cake, vegetarian eggplant main dish (with burrata!), just one more peach salad and an unusually delicious mimosa recipe! Plus my guide to the land of the truly endless summer: Nice, France!
A REMINDER FROM OLIVER, BIRDIE AND I:
Take it from my happy-go-lucky pup who loves life (and ice cream!)…
“I decided to fly through the air and live in the sunlight and enjoy life as much as I could.”-Evel Knievel
Have the best week, friends!